Wednesday 21 August 2013

Thought about Standards

What choice is left when standardization defeats its purpose. I am talking about WFS again.
My understanding of WFS it that it is supposed to define interactions between clients and a servers. Unfortunately it appears WFS is clearly not the best fit for domain specific applications. It's not that it is not good to describe data or metadata. It's that it is not intuitive enough, not compact enough and to complex when it comes to develop a domain specific application. It can be good to move data around, yet again, other mechanism are simpler and more powerful. 
I have recently turned to another solution for my projects with great success so far.
Thanks for reading and feel free to leave comments!

2 comments:

  1. A long time I was looking for some good information about health fitness but I was tired, After see your post information I am very pleasure that you share a nice information thanks for share this.weight loss fitness

    ReplyDelete
  2. True to the core, WFS can get confusing sometimes.

    ReplyDelete